Together with OPPO Reno6 5G I also saw the OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G for a few moments. It is a mid-range with premium device ambitions (the price seems to me to be the flagship Android in the 2021 edition…).
It is in the pre-order stage until September 23, and as a bonus is brought smartwatch-ul OPPO Watch de 46 mm (approx. 1300 – 1400 lei).
Full specifications for OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G (European edition):
- 6.55-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400 x 080 pixels, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10 +, typical brightness of 500 nits and peak of 1100 nits, display / body ratio of 88.8%;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G processor developed on 7nm with 1 x Kryo 585 at 3.2 GHz, 3 x Kryo 585 at 2.42 GHz and 4 x Kyro 585 at 1.8 GHz, Adreno 650 GPU, 12 GB RAM and 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage;
- ColorOS 11.3 developed on Android 11;
- dual-sim, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, bluetooth 5.2, NFC, USB type-C 3.1, optical fingerprint reader integrated in the display, dual-band location via A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO and QZSS;
- 50 Megapixels with f / 1.8 – 24 mm wide with 1 micron pixel size, omnidirectional PDAF and OIS, 13 Megapixels with f / 2.4 – 52mm equivalent, 1 micron pixel size, PDAF and 2x optical zoom, ultrawide 16 Megapixel camera with f / 2.2 and 123 degree angle, 1 micron pixel size, 2 Megapixel macro with f / 2.4, dual-LED flash, shoots 4K at up to 60 fps, 1080p at up to 120 fps and gyro-EIS;
- 32 Megapixel front camera with f / 2.4 – 26mm wide, shoots at 1080p with 30 fps and gyro-EIS,
- 4500 mAh battery with 65W charging, 188 gr. and dimensions of 160.8 x 72.5 x 8 mm.
I would say that they appear here from the beginning PRO points:
➡️ compact dimensions for a 6.55-inch smartphone (display / body ratio of 88%, curved edges, under 190 gr. Etc);
➡️ premium smartphone connectivity (5G, Wi-Fi 6, USB Type-C 3.1, dual-band location);
➡️ interesting software in terms of options on the side of videos made with the main camera;
At 4000 lei and the CONTRA points stand out:
refresh rate at 90Hz, when 120Hz was the minimum recommendation and 144Hz would have been welcome;
the battery seems small to me, and 5000 mAh would have helped it to withstand better on the autonomy side;
without a tele sensor with OIS;
I was inclined to say that it should have been Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, but I recently tested another smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 870, also with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage and got over 700,000 points in AnTuTu. Plus, it seems to me that it doesn’t overheat as much as the Snapdragon 888, hence a better autonomy.
OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G – first impressions;
It is a smartphone with a curved screen, metal resistance structure, glass on the front. It has an interesting design on the back and you can easily catch it with one hand because it offers a good grip.
At the top is a microphone, on the right side you will find the power button, and on the left the volume control, at the base is the USB Type-C 3.1 port, the main speaker and the slot for the two nanoSIM cards.
The front camera was brought in a polka dot cutout from the top left. The rear camera module stands out, but it seemed to me that the sensors are protected from possible accidental scratches. Impressive in terms of quality of workmanship and materials chosen, in the end it seems normal for a phone of 800 euros.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G is a powerful chipset, slightly weaker than Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, but from what we have tested so far, it is better in terms of energy efficiency. OPPO brings it directly with a lot of RAM and state-of-the-art storage.
The rear camera has a 50 Megapixel f / 1.8 sensor with OIS, accompanied by a 13 Megapixel tele camera, 16 Megapixel ultrawide and 2 Megapixel macro. I took a few photos in the lobby of the Marmorosch hotel and from what can be seen on the phone screen it manages decently as zoom, in the photos taken in low-light, a good dynamic range. It should be tested more leisurely before drawing a conclusion.
It runs ColorOS 11.3 developed on Android 11. Among the pre-installed applications you will find Amazon Music, Amazon Shopping, Booking.com, Clone Phone, Facebook, Linkedin, Netflix, O Relax, Phone Manager, Prime Video, Twitter etc.
All in all, we have an interesting smartphone, you get it with OPPO Watch which costs over 1000 lei and runs WearOS from Android. If you put in the mix and the watch is not so bad, but at 4000 lei without a watch = too expensive for the specifications and user experience offered.
Update: I forgot to mention another new element: the warranty is 3 years;
What is the price for OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G?
OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage – 4012 lei at Orange or 3615 lei with the Smart Plus 25 subscription or 24 x 150.66 lei with the Smart Plus 25 subscription (unlimited national internet, 14 GB in SEE roaming, 5G and Number Share);
OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage – 3999 lei at Digi Mobil with any subscription or for porting with an advance of 1699 lei + 12 x 191 lei + DON subscription;
You will find more details on OPPO pre-order website.
We stand by the rights of the original author of the post, no matter what. We always respect and prioritize the copyright of the content and always include the original link of the source article. If the author of the original article has any issue with it, just leave a report below, we’ll edit it or delete it. Whatever it takes. We will make it right as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author.
Thank you very much! Best regards!