The new series includes the Motorola Edge 20 Pro, Edge 20 and Edge 20 Lite models. We'll look at the most powerful one first.
Motorola Edge 20 Pro has the best camera in the series
The manufacturer used:
- 108 Mpix main camera with f / 1.8 aperture;
- 8 Mpix camera with f / 3.4 telephoto lens with 5x optical zoom and optical image stabilization;
- 16 Mpix camera with f / 2.2 ultra wide angle lens and macro mode.
Motorola Edge 20 Pro is the first smartphone of this brand that can record 8K videos. There is also a super slow motion mode operating in 960 fps. In turn, the Audio Zoom function is responsible for recording a clearer sound.
Motorola also used a periscope telephoto lens for the first time. This generates a 5x optical zoom and a maximum of 50x digital.
The 6.7-inch OLED screen has a 1080p resolution, a 10-bit color palette and a 144 Hz refresh rate. The loudspeaker is monaural.
The heart of Motorola Edge 20 Pro is the Snapdragon 870 with a 5G modem, aimed at smartphones from the higher mid-price range. The built-in 4500mAh battery supports 30W charging.
Android 11 is only enriched with a handful of Motorola's proprietary solutions, the most important of which is Ready For. PC mode allows you to connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the phone and use it like a computer.
|Operating system||Android 11|
|System overlay||My UX|
|Screen diagonal||6.7 cali|
|Screen resolution||2400 x 1080|
|Matrix type||OLED 144 Hz|
|Pixel Density||393 ppi|
|Processor model||Snapdragon 870 5G|
|Number of cores||1 x Kryo 585 (3.2 GHz) + 3 x Kryo 585 (2.42 GHz) + 4 x Kryo 585 (1.80 GHz)|
|Graphic layout||Adreno 650|
|Maximum operating memory||12 GB RAM|
|Maximum internal memory||256 GB|
|Support for microSD cards||yes, up to 512 GB|
|Matrix resolution||108 Mpix|
|The brightness of the aperture||f/1,8|
|Optical image stabilization||no|
|Electronic image stabilization||so|
|Additional cameras||8 Mpix with a telephoto lens 5x f / 3.4 + 16 Mpix with an ultra wide angle lens, f / 2.2 and a macro mode|
|Matrix resolution||32 Mpix|
|The brightness of the aperture||f/2,25|
|USB||3.1 typu C|
|Sensors||accelerometer, gyro, proximity, lighting, digital compass|
|Dimensions||163 x 76 x 7,99 mm|
|Battery capacity||4500 mAh|
|Fast charging||30 W|
|Level of security||IP52|
The Motorola 20 Edge Plus case is made of glass and metal, and is splash-resistant (IP52).
Motorola Edge 20 is cheaper and poorer
This variant has the same display, main camera and a similar set of functions, but the manufacturer decided to make a few compromises. Motorola Edge 20 is:
- lower class chip (Snapdragon 778G instead of 870;
- less operating memory (8 instead of 12 GB of RAM);
- telephoto lens with lower zoom (3x instead of 5x);
- no 8K recording
- lower-class glass on the screen (Gorilla Glass 3 instead of 5);
- plastic backs instead of glass ones;
- USB 2.0 port instead of 3.1;
- smaller battery (4000 instead of 4500 mAh);
- slimmer casing (6.99 instead of 7.99 mm).
The changes resulted in a slightly different design, mainly in terms of the camera module on the rear panel.
Motorola Edge 20 Lite is the cheapest smartphone in the new series
Compared to the Edge 20, the Lite variant has:
- screen with a lower refresh rate (90 instead of 144 Hz);
- lower class chip (Dimensity 720 instead of Snapdragon 778G);
- a camera with an ultra-wide angle lens with a lower resolution (8 instead of 16 Mpix);
- 2 Mpix camera for depth detection instead of a telephoto lens;
- no Audio Zoom function;
- Older Wi-Fi (5 instead of 6);
- FM Radio;
- larger battery (5000 instead of 4000 mAh);
- higher thickness (8.25 instead of 7.99 mm).
It is worth noting that all three support 5G connectivity.
Motorola Edge 20: prices and availability in Poland
Polish prices of new smartphones are as follows:
- Motorola Edge 20 Pro — 3299 zł;
- Motorola Edge 20 in two colors & hairsp; – & hairsp; PLN 2299;
- Motorola Edge 20 Lite — 1699 zł.
The sale is to start in August.
We stand by the rights of the original author of the post, no matter what. We always respect and prioritize the copyright of the content and always include the original link of the source article. If the author of the original article has any issue with it, just leave a report below, we’ll edit it or delete it. Whatever it takes. We will make it right as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author.
Thank you very much! Best regards!